Nazi sculpture joins Lenin head in Berlin show on ‘toxic’ monuments

Published by
DPA

A large sculpture used as Nazi propaganda in Adolf Hitler’s New Reich Chancellery headquarters has gone on display in Berlin as part of an exhibition examining the city’s history of “toxic” monuments. The Nazi propaganda piece is part of many similar works in the exhibition “Unveiled. Berlin and its Monuments” which explores how various state powers tried to shape the Berlin cityscape with monuments between 1849 to 1986. One of three oversized equestrian sculptures to have survived the widespread destruction in Berlin in 1945, it can now be seen in a room behind a glass pane in the Zitadelle m…

Read More

Leave a Reply