Russia-led bloc starts Kazakhstan pullout after possible coup bid crushed

Published by
Reuters

ALMATY (Reuters) -A Russia-led military bloc began pulling out from Kazakhstan on Thursday after a week-long deployment amid an explosion of unrest during which authorities in the Central Asian nation said the former security chief was suspected of attempting a coup. Russia said the withdrawal of the troops would be completed by Jan. 19, earlier than previously announced. Their deployment had been criticised by Western leaders alarmed by a buildup of Russian troops near Ukraine. Moscow has denied allegations it plans to invade but said security talks this week had hit a dead end https://www.re…

Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *