US Capitol assault hearings take break as new evidence floods in

Published by
AFP

Washington (AFP) – The congressional panel investigating last year’s attack on the US Capitol announced a break from its blockbuster series of televised hearings Wednesday after receiving a glut of new video footage of Donald Trump and his family from a documentary filmmaker.  Chairman Bennie Thompson told reporters Thursday’s hearing on Trump’s alleged attempts to corrupt the Justice Department would be the last until two further hearings “later in July.” Thompson did not elaborate on the timetable but said further hearings after the two in July were “always a possibility.” “The timeline of t…

Read More

Leave a Reply