World Food Programme stops work in Sudan’s North Darfur

Published by
Al-Araby

The World Food Programme (WFP) has suspended its operations across Sudan’s province of North Darfur following recent attacks on its warehouses, a decision expected to affect about 2 million local people. A statement released by the UN food agency on Thursday said all three of its warehouses in the area were attacked and looted. More than 5,000 metric tons of food apparently were stolen, the organisation said. Earlier in the week, the WFP said an unidentified armed group had attacked one of its warehouses in North Darfur’s provincial capital of El-Fasher. In response, local authorities imposed …

Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *