Yemen truce extension likely but ‘war is coming’: official

Published by
Al-Araby

Yemen’s warring parties are likely to agree an extension of a truce which expires on Tuesday but all sides are warily preparing for fresh hostilities, an official from southern Yemen’s political leadership said. The truce has held since April as some regional powers seek to exit the seven-year conflict which has pitted a coalition led by Saudi Arabia against Yemen’s Iran-aligned Houthis, killing tens of thousands of people and leaving millions facing famine. The United Nations is pushing for a six-month truce extension, two sources told Reuters last week, after US President Joe Biden visited S…

Read More

Leave a Reply